Paper Submission Process
Papers Submissions are now CLOSED. Any additional changes must be made through contact with Peter Siegel.
LINK to Paper Submission page: PAPER SUBMISSION PAGE
In order for your paper to appear in the conference proceedings that will be distributed to all participants, you must REPLACE your one-page abstract with a full paper before the deadline of July 7, 2014. Full papers must be converted to PDF format using the IEEE PDF eXpress web site, before they are uploaded to the conference database. Here, we provide instructions on how to proceed.
We have tested this conversion and upload process several times, and we believe that these instructions are comprehensive and accurate. However, if you find anything that seems unclear or incorrect, we will appreciate an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of the problem.
- Create your full paper using the IRMMW-THz2014_final_paper_template.docx. Do not exceed the length restriction, and do not number the pages.
- Convert your file to PDF format using the IEEE PDF eXpress web site. Use Conference ID = 31325x. NOTE: PDF files that are not IEEE-compliant will not be published in the conference proceedings. So do not skip this step.
- Go to our PAPER SUBMISSION PAGE and login with the ID number and Password you received when you uploaded your Abstract.
- Proceed through the indicated pages, checking your submission information (author info, summary, title etc.).
- When you reach the Paper Upload page, attach your new PDF file and ERASE THE OLD ABSTRACT. Then check your co-author details on the next screen.
- After checking over your co-Author information, when you click NEXT you will be redirected to the IEEE Copyright process.
- Complete the indicated steps and click RETURN to be directed back to the paper upload process for the final step.
- Look over all the information and click FINISH to complete the process.
- You should receive an email of your copyright form from IEEE and an Acknowledgement form from us indicating that your paper upload process completed successfully.
Detailed instructions (if needed):
- Create your full paper submission using the IRMMW-THz2014_final_paper_template.docx. There is a 2 page and a 2MByte limit on regular papers. Keynote presentations are limited to three pages in length. Plenary presentations are limited to four pages in length. Please do not exceed these limits.
- You must follow the IEEE 2-column format specified in the template. Do not number the pages and do not include any headers or footers.
- Convert your submission into IEEE Xplore compatible PDF using the IEEE PDF eXpress site. You will need to enter the conference ID, which is 31325x. If you have not used PDF-eXpress before, then you will need to create an account using your email address as your username. If you have used PDF-eXpress before, then the system can be prompted to remind you of your password. If you have an existing account, you will see an error when you log in, with a message saying that you need to set up your account. Simply click 'continue'. By entering your previously used email and password, you will re-enable your old account. Follow the on-screen instructions to use PDF eXpress, and receive your converted file by email. PDF files that are not IEEE-compliant will not be published in the conference proceedings. Do not skip this step.
- The PDF-eXpress confirmation email may contain a conference submission deadline date. This deadline is incorrect, because the IEEE is unaware of our conference time line. The submission deadline for full papers is July 7th, 2014.
- After your PDF is converted, you can submit it to the conference database. Access the database by clicking on this link: PAPER SUBMISSION PAGE. A form will open requiring your access credentials. Use the Abstract_ID and Password your received by email when you submitted your initial contribution. This information was contained in the pdf confirmation page attached to your submission confirmation email. If you cannot locate this information, first check your spam filter to see if the email got caught there. Then, email email@example.com and request that this confirmation email be re-sent to you.
- Once you log in, you will be directed to the 'Abstract/Paper Submission and Editing Process.' Look over the pre-entered data and make any required changes. Then click the link that reads "NEXT" to continue through all the required pages. Make corrections as needed.
- On page 3 you can upload your FINAL PAPER by using the "ATTACH" link shown. BE SURE TO ERASE YOUR OLD ABSTRACT - only one paper should be listed.
- In the new window, use the 'browse' button to select your pdf file. Then press the 'Next' button.
- The file will be uploaded to the conference database and you will be redirected back to the submission page. Please check that the paper you uploaded is shown in the "Summary submission" section. If you need to change the file, simply press 'attach' again and upload the new file (the old one will be overwritten).
- Press the 'Next' button to proceed to the authors' details. If you don't need to change the authors you can directly press the 'Next' button at the bottom right corner. If you need to edit an Author, select it in the list and press the 'Edit' button, perform changes and press 'Save'. You can also change the presenting author using this feature. Please note that only one presenting author is allowed. The information listed here will be used to create the conference guide, so please be sure that all authors' names and affiliations are correct. Use proper Title Case, NOT all capital letters in the author names and affiliations. If you spell your co-author's name or institution incorrectly, we probably won't catch this error, and it will appear in the guide as you have entered it.
- After clicking 'Next' you will be redirected to a separate IEEE Copyright transfer process.
- Please note that, in order to complete the paper submission, you must complete this IEEE Copyright transfer, otherwise, your paper submission will not be considered complete and will not appear on IEEE Xplore.
- The IEEE Copyright link will take you through a series of simple check boxes. Answer the questions, type your name and when you get to the THANK YOU page, IEEE will email you a copy of the form you filled in and will automatically let us know that your copyright transfer process is complete.
- The RETURN button will take you back to the ABSTRACT PAGE where you can see a summary of all your inputs and print them for your records.
- When you click on the FINISH button we will send you an email acknowledgement for your records.
Abstract Submission Process (CLOSED)
LINK to Abstract Submission page: ABSTRACT PAGE
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
(1) Open and Follow the ABSTRACT TEMPLATE and EXAMPLE PDF provided below - 1 Page Only.
(2) Convert your file to PDF - IEEE PDF express preferred, but use any technique that works for you.
(3) Click on the link provided below to go to our ABSTRACT upload database.
(4) Follow ALL the steps indicated to complete your submssion.
NOTES, TEMPLATES and LINKS:
You must use the Abstract Template that is provided below. Abstracts should fit entirely on one page, including all figures and references. They must be submitted in PDF format. All submissions must be assigned to one of the Conference Topic areas that will be listed on the upload process. Please choose the topic that best suits the subject matter of your abstract.
IRMMW-THz2014_abstract_template.doc (.doc file) for your one-page abstract submission (make sure you click "Enable Editing" if "Protected View" appears on your Word file window after opening, to properly access the template)
IRMMW-THz2014_Abstract_Example.pdf (.pdf file) is an example of a finished and ready-to-go abstract.
Be sure to convert to PDF format before uploading.
Click here to go to an IEEE PDF conversion website and enter 31325X for the Conference ID.
If you do not already have an account on PDF express, you can create one under this conference ID as indicated at the site.
You can also use a built-in conversion routine in MS Word or other commercial programs.
When you have a final PDF file ready for submission:
Click here to LINK to our ABSTRACT upload DATABASE
If your ABSTRACT submission is accepted, you will be notified by email of the procedures for submission of your full paper.
In the final paper upload process (before July 1) you will be REQUIRED to fill in an IEEE Copyright form in order for your paper to appear in IEEEXplore.
Thank you for submitting your work to IRMMW-THz 2014.