IRMMW-THz Society Young Scientist Award
About the Award
At the 2016 IRMMW-THz Society Board meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark, the International Organizing Committee voted to institute a Young Scientist Award to recognize outstanding, interdisciplinary scientific work by a young scientist who has made innovative contributions and discoveries in the field of infrared, millimeter, and Terahertz waves.
The Award consists of a cash prize of $2000 and a certificate of recognition of the research achievements of the award recipient.
At each annual meeting of the Conference, the Young Scientist Award Committee meets to evaluate the applications that have been submitted and elects the recipient of the Prize for the following year. The Award recipient will be invited to deliver a keynote presentation to the IRMMW-THz Conference following the selection.
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants:
Application for the Award is open to young scientists with a PhD in Physics, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Chemistry, and Biology or any other relevant research field, of any nationality from academia, industry, or national laboratories.
1. Applicants must be within 10 years after obtaining the PhD, but not over the age of 40, on the closing date of the application for the award.
2. The applicants should have a solid publication record and have published at least one article as a lead author in a high ranking international journal.
3. Members of the Award Committee are ineligible for the award.
The application package should include:
- An application form
- Two endorsement letters by senior scientists or research advisors
- A short curriculum vitae of the candidate (max 2 pages)
- A complete list of publications.
- A copy of the most relevant paper published, or accepted for publication.
The deadline for submitting applications for the following year is April 1. The closing date will be strictly observed.
All nomination materials, and any questions about the prize or the nomination process should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM